Last Few Months at Disney

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Exciting times!

It has been a very busy but exciting past couple of weeks. I have decided to involve myself in doing more activities outside of Disney and to get out of my apartment! As fun as room mates can be, I'm branching out and looking for a funner crowd.

My fun began two weeks ago on the 31st, after working a number of night shifts in a row, I began one morning with getting up at 5 am to wait in line at 6 to meet the beautiful and elegant Julie Andrews. She was holing a meet and greet signing celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Mary Poppins. She actually spent the time to talk and meet each participant. I was number 87 of 250 that got to meet her and get a painting autographed. She was wonderful. I was a bit star struck when I approached her. Was silent for a minute before finding some words to say. The experience was amazing.

That same night...still surviving on 4 hours of sleep, I decided to go to Angel's stadium with my room mate to watch the Angels take on my Oakland A's. Amazingly in the 7th inning, the A's were winning by 1 point and were able to hold the Angels to anymore runs. I sure did my share of screaming from way up above and made my mark in Angel's stadium. Since we won, I don't see any reason I need to go back. :) The fans were nice, there were plenty more A's fans like myself...it was an overall fun time.

The following week, I got the chance to be part of a live studio audience for the TV show Rules of Engagement. It is taping it's fourth season, and sad to say, I had never watched nor heard of the show prior to this. It was awesome. I knew most of the lead actors, including David Spade, Patrick Warburton, Megyn Price, and guest star Alan Ruck (Cameron from Ferris Beuller!!!!). They were so awesome and some signed autographs after the show. Really cool to see the amount of time and dedication it takes just to film one show; over 6 hours! The butt was gone asleep after the first couple hours.

The following day, some co workers of mine and myself decided to go on a hunt for celebrities by visiting Melrose Place in West Hollywood. That was a big fat NO. Saw no one. Just walked into stores that quickly made you feel depressed when you realized nothing there would fit and if it did, you couldn't even afford a fraction of it. It was an interesting start to the day, but we soon decided to venture to Beverly Place which is very similar to the Nemin Marcus mall in San Francisco. I soon found plenty of stores to spend my pay check in and ended the day with fun outfits to wear when I come home. Overall, a very joyful day.

The rest of the week leading til now has been plenty of work and school work with school starting. I am taking a couple online classes and a collegiate class through the Program to stay a full time student. The park has been extremely slow with everyone back in school, so I anticipate many visits from family and friends soon. I will be seeing the Puccini Family next weekend and at the beginning of October, the Kanaze's will be visiting too. Can't wait to visit with everyone. Miss you all. Thanks again to those who have been commenting. You don't know how much i appreciate it. See you in two weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beauty,
    Good job keeping everyone up to date. See you soon, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy Lynne...I miss uuuu sooo much!!!!! I am glad everything is going well. Come visit when you are home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy!
    So sorry I missed you while you were here!! Thank you for your note. I hope to see you next time you come up!
    Miss you,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete