Last Few Months at Disney

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Its Peak Season

The past couple weeks have been quite intense. I got a cold almost two weeks aged and am still fighting it. With working 6 day weeks and racking in 50 hours a week, its hard to rest and relax. With the park ending sometime events and preparing for big events and upcoming holidays, we've been super super busy. September 9 is the Haunted Mansion's 40th anniversary. Halloween will be celebrated starting September 25. The park is suppose to slow down after labor day and hours will be cut back.
The first round of college program students just graduated last week and headed home. With all the open rooms and parking spots now available, i got a new space right under my apartment building. No more walking a block to and from work everyday just to go park my car. Its quite amazing. We've also acquired a new room mate Moria. She is wonderful. My roommate and I met her early in our program and had put in a request for her to be the new add in. Since the program is growing so much, 5th roommates were a possibility is most rooms and so we're glad we got to choose who we wanted. My room now has a bunk bed and a single twin bed. So far, the past few nights have been good, so hopefully it stays that way.
My job has been getting more interesting and exciting as the weeks go by. I get new and better positions to photograph in each park. Yesterday I was a breaker for Mickey's House. It was awesome. My 8 hour shift consisted of me giving breaks to photographers who were shooting in each of the 4 film rooms that you can meet my boss, Mickey Mouse in. I'm getting more and more use to being here and living on my own. I do enjoy cooking for myself and not spending money everyday. Its nice. I have broken into my Rachel Rae cook book the other day to make some delicious garlic shrimp. YUM! I'm going to utilize that book at least once a week from now on.
I've been missing everyone from home a lot. I hear of all the family gatherings and events that I've been missing and I get jealous. I get home after an 8 hour day of work on a Sunday and I get a call from Joseph that he's been lounging around the house all day with baby Felix and he's waiting for mom and dad to get ho0me from Bingo so they can go out and eat burgers and watch a movie. Not fair! I miss and love everyone;. I plan on coming home in September to watch Joseph kick butt at one of his games and then head over to Manteca to wish Jenna a happy 6th birthday. Hope everyone is well. Love and miss you all.

~Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy!!
    I love your pictures! I really miss you! I'm glad you are working at the happiest place on earth though! While you are home next month, come by the office so we can see you and go to lunch! I miss your sweet smile.
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beauty, Great idea to help children.
    Love you lots
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey gorgeous! How have you been? I see Disney is treating you well! Lol I heard about your walk and I most definatly envy you! :) oh and another thing, did you get the pictures I sent to you on myspace from yor going away party? Hope to see you soon! Take care..

    Love always, Nadine

    ReplyDelete